May 31st, 2007 | Published in Google Code
We have enjoyed a fantastic day so far. Watching the worldwide map throb new locations to life throughout an entire worldwide day has been a real treat.
Each of the developer day events had their own feel, but the buzz seemed to be the same.
With the announcement of Google Gears, Mapplets, and the like, there has been a lot to talk about.
There is a lot of information out there, but a brief roundup:
- Aaron Boodman kicks it off with his Google Gears talk, using an offline presentation tool. The finishing touch is the need to search for the last page!
- Google Gears Fireside Chat
- Google Gears for WebKit
- Google Reader goes offline
- The Google Gears blog is born
- Google Mashup Editor was shown off by Paul McDonald
- Jeff Huber Keynote writeup
- YouTube API session writeup
- Adam Sah on Google Gadgets APIs session writeup
For more, check out the growing list of YouTube videos of the sessions, view the pictures from the event, and see what people are saying about it.
Now it is time to watch the last marker go red at the party back at the Googleplex.
Then tomorrow comes, and we get back to work to take in the suggestions and ideas from the community, and to press on from here!