July 15th, 2010 | Published in Google Apps
Version 1.9 of Google Apps Sync for Microsoft Outlook® has been released with the following new features:
- If Outlook® crashes or doesn't shut down properly during a sync, the utility starts the sync again from a point preceding the crash or improper shutdown. This new method ensures that you won't be missing any messages.
- New resync options are available in the Synchronization Status dialog box:
Overwrite: Overwrites your local profile with data from the cloud, updating just the data type you selected (mail, contacts, or calendars).
Delete and resync: Deletes data from your Outlook profile, then re-syncs with the cloud to repopulate your profile with data from Google.
- More additional fields are supported in the Dynamic Global Address List.
- A new dialog box has been implemented that lets you set the size of your local mailbox and offers some insight into which setting to use.
Premier and Education Editions
US English only
How to access what's new:
1. Update Google Apps Sync
- If you installed Google App Sync: Updates are checked for and downloaded to your computer automatically.
- If your administrator installed Google Apps Sync: Updates are downloaded to your computer automatically, if your administrator enables automatic updates.
2. For the update to go into effect:
- If you have Windows XP: Restart your computer.
- If you have Windows Vista: Restart Microsoft Outlook.
For more information:
Get these product update alerts by email
Subscribe to the RSS feed of these updates