November 20th, 2008 | Published in Google App Engine
Update: This morning we released SDK 1.1.7 due to an issue with the 1.1.6 release. SDK 1.1.7 contains the fix for this issue, as well as the fixes and features listed below.
This release contains some notable new features, including several to our datastore:
- You can now sort and filter on an entity's key
- You can now delete an entity directly using its key, without fetching the Model object.
- If you specify a key_name when creating a Model, its key will now be available before you call put()
- URLFetch calls made in the SDK now have a 5 second timeout, matching production
Also, it contains a number of issue fixes, including the following:
- SDK now only supports the same headers as production
- In production, fixed an erroneous NeedIndexError when two ancestor queries were specified
- Calling to_xml() on a model instance containing a BlobProperty returns that BlobProperty base64 encoded
- URLFetch now uses the original HTTP method (e.g. POST) when following a redirect
As always, any and all feedback is welcome in the Google Group!