August 31st, 2007 | Published in Google App Engine
We've got lots of new stuff for you this week in response to your feedback and bugs reports.
- Enable public read only $user feed so that applications can share $user feeds to create social applications.
- Ability to edit XML, CSS and HTML files uploaded into the editor.
- Create and store the gadget configuration file when publishing a gadget. Also enables developers to edit the gadget config file in the Editor.
- Loading indicators are visible when feeds are loading in a mashup.
- New Tab styling and custom placement of tabs via CSS.
- $app feed permissions now defaults to "Read and Write" for anonymous users.
- Added last published date to "Published Apps" tab.
- Performance improvements in loading GME applications (fewer files and more caching).
- Added onunload attribute to gm:page tag.
- Editor now checks for repeat attribute in a template and throws an error is one is not there.
- Feeds update much quicker.
- Documentation for new features.
- Prevent developers from breaking their session in the editor by reloading in the sandbox.
- Maintain sort and filters after setData() method is called.
- Fixed bug where no options were visible in a gm:select when using
- Fix to "blue-theme" CSS classes to make them look better in IE.
- Fixed compilation of tags, unary operator now allowed.
so that gm:search can be used to search any GData feed that has search enabled.
- Fixes to documentation and samples.