December 21st, 2007 | Published in Gmail (Google Mail)
We've had a busy year re-coding Gmail and providing you with a slew of new features before this holiday season. Now it's time for a break. We'll be back in January, but until then, we've assembled a list of things you can do using Gmail in case you get bored over the holiday*:
- Try one of three new chat features to keep in better touch: group chat with your family, reconnect with your long lost AIM friends, or add some spirit to your smiley.
- Grab a video camera and share your Gmail story with the world.
- Send out your holiday cards by email -- it's cheaper than stamps and they're searchable that way.
- Change your labels to holiday colors to make your inbox more festive.
- Playing with your iPhone this holiday season? Then try out free IMAP access and sync your Gmail inbox across devices.
Thanks for all the feedback you've given us this year, and we hope you enjoy the newest features. On behalf of the entire Gmail team, happy holidays and have a wonderful New Year. See you in 2008.
*Some of these features only work in the latest version of Gmail, now available for English IE7 and Firefox 2 users.