Google Summer of Code Mentor Summit
May 29th, 2014 | Published in Google Open Source
Topics discussed in the videos include:
- a description of their organization and what they do
- the organization’s experience and history with GSoC
- some of the projects students worked on during the 2013 program
- types of projects they want students to work on in future GSoC programs
- how the org has benefited from participating in GSoC
- progressing from GSoC student to GSoC mentor
We recently announced the over 1300 students accepted into the GSoC 2014 program. We hope these videos will help mentors, students and future GSoC participants learn more about the program and the type of projects available to work on. In addition, all of these organizations would be thrilled to have new contributors outside of GSoC so please check them out to see if there is a project that interests you.
A huge thank you to Brian Grady for filming and editing these videos for us.
By Stephanie Taylor, Open Source Programs