May 19th, 2011 | Published in Google Blogger Buzz
Posted by Peng Ying, Developer Programs Engineer
Update 6/10: We've updated our gadget's Terms of Service and you will need to agree to these new terms before you can add or continue to use the gadget.
Setup is only five simple steps and should only take a few minutes of your time; just follow the steps below:
- Sign up for a Google Checkout Merchant account at checkout.google.com/sell
- Be sure to enable the HTML API by going to the Settings tab, clicking the integration link and unchecking the “My company will only post digitally signed carts” checkbox. Also, copy the Merchant Id for use in step 5.
- Back in Blogger, on the Design | Page Elements tab click “add a gadget” where you wish to place the Support gadget.
- Add the "Support My Blog" gadget from the gadget gallery.
- Customize your support button settings. The Checkout Merchant Id is the one you copied down in step two. Save and you’re done!
Your supporters can now contribute to your blog. Clicking on the support button will direct your supporters to Checkout to complete the transaction. For an example of the support button in action, please visit the following blog: