April 22nd, 2010 | Published in Google Student Blog
Today marks one of our favorite holidays, Earth Day, which is a day designed to inspire appreciation and awareness for the environment. If you haven't seen it yet, check out today's doodle in honor of the special day.
1. Bike, walk, carpool, or use public transportation whenever possible.
2. Take stairs instead of the elevator.
3. Conserve energy by turning off lights and unplugging electronics when not in use.
4. Instead of printing, use Google Docs and go paperless!
5. Bring reusable bags when shopping.
6. Use non-toxic cleaning alternatives.
7. Opt for local produce.
8. Use compact fluorescent light bulbs.
9. Only run the dishwasher or washing machine when you have a full load.
10. Try composting your food waste and kitchen scraps.
For more ideas about how you can make an impact, check out the Environmental Protection Agency's Environmental Tips.