January 30th, 2009 | Published in Google Reader
After our big launch of the new look and feel, the Reader team took a breather and worked on tying up loose ends (don't worry, we also took some time off). We've just pushed a new release that includes the following set of fixes and tweaks:
- Improvements to our rich mobile interface for iPhone, Android and other browsers, including a more compact page header, visual alignment tweaks and a faster loading time.
- Links on the home page giving you easy access to your recently read and kept unread items.
- Fixes for some "stuck" unread count issues.
- Better handling of feeds and items with malformed URLs.
- Less flickering when using the "Share with note" bookmark.
- Fixing of errors when deleting lots of tags and folders.
- Removal of extra image and backend requests, resulting in slightly faster loading times.
One other recent change is that we're now on Twitter. We've been fans of Twitter Search as a way of gathering feedback, but now we have a way of talking back. Feel free to send an @googlereader tweet to get our attention, and follow us for updates and quips.
Finally, we were honored to be nominated for a Bloggie. We encourage you to take a look at all the nominees in all the categories, it's a collection of some really great, subscribe-worthy, blogs