November 9th, 2007 | Published in Google Orkut
- Be aware of every link that you open: you might be redirected to a page where you'll be asked to install a really cool feature which is in fact a malicious program that will give out your private information
- If you're logged into orkut, and after clicking on a link, you're prompted to login again, check the URL; if it's not www.orkut.com, don't login! Some links redirect you to phishing pages, where the page is absolutely identical to the real orkut one, but your account information will be sent to the attacker.
- Always logout from orkut when you want to finish your session, and if you are on a public computer, clear you cache and cookies before leaving-this is really important!
- Change you password several times a year, and when you do, use a password that's easy to remember but difficult to guess.
- Don't write your password anywhere!
- Don't share your account with your soulmate. In the unfortunate event that your relationship ends this can cause you a lot of problems.