April 13th, 2009 | Published in Google Open Source
Adam Rakowski, Polish Society of Electrical Engineers (SEP) student and Google Summer of Code 2008 student working on Tux4Kids, organized a meeting on March 23rd, 2009 to present "A Beginners Guide to Google Summer of Code." The meeting was held in the Department of Computer Science at West Pomeranian University of Technology in Szczecin, Poland, and between 70 to 120 potential Google Summer of Code 2009 students showed up to learn more about the program.
The agenda for the evening proceeded as follows:
- What is Google Summer of Code? (aims, conditions, rules, general idea)
- How to apply to Google Summer of Code
- Eligiblity, conditions, and documents
- Programming languages and commonly used tools
- Writing a good application - What is important? What are typical mistakes?
- Review of Google Summer of Code 2009 ideas
- Summary & questions