December 6th, 2013 | Published in Google News
Increasingly people are reading News “on the go” and using their smartphones to keep abreast of the latest happenings around the globe. Over the next few days Google News readers on Android and iOS devices will start to see a beautiful new version of the mobile web app that will provide an improved overall experience resulting in a kind of real time news desk for you on your phone.
Here are just some of the highlights:
- Improved overall look-and-feel making it easier to read and track separate stories.
- Ability to customize the webapp to suit your taste by changing the theme from light to dark, the font size and opting for a larger “story card” with more information per story at your fingertips (from the Settings menu, at top right).
- Simplified navigation to any section within News; just click on the Google News icon (top left) to see a list of available sections (including any custom sections you created).
- Easier integration with Google Feedback located in the menu at the top right.
- A weather gadget in the Local section.
- The popular “Editors Picks” option.
- Social posts from Google + related to the story are included in the article cluster.
All this goodness is packaged in a browser so give it a try by just visiting news.google.com from the Chrome/Safari browser on either Android or iOS phones.