December 20th, 2007 | Published in Google Mobile
The holiday season can be a stressful time in the U.S., but it should be enjoyable. Whether you need flight updates, store locations, or price comparisons, let Google Mobile offer you some peace of mind.
At the airport...
- Search for flight info: You're heading to the airport to pick up your relatives from New Jersey and want to check the status of their flight. Just go to www.google.com on your cell phone and search for the flight number to get departure and arrival times.
- Find a popular restaurant: Once at the airport, you suddenly realize you forgot to make dinner reservations! Crisis? Not at all. Find them the best lasagna money can buy -- just go to www.google.com on your cell phone, search for "Italian restaurants", and see ratings and reviews of local favorites.
- Keep track of to-do lists: Keep your family's wish lists, grocery lists, and all your other "To-Dos" in Google Notebook and access them while you're out and about. Easily update them online on your computer, then visit google.com/notebook/m on your cell phone when you're on the go.
- Compare prices: Before heading to the cash register, compare in-store prices to online retailers' prices by texting product names, ISBN or UPC numbers ("price mp3 player," "price 1591841410") to GOOGLE (466453). We'll send the results back to your cell phone in a snap, so you'll always know where to get the best deal.
- Get directions: Try the "My Location" feature on the newest version of Google Maps for Mobile to find out where you are. Then, enter the destination address and get directions to the party. You can even turn on the traffic overlay to find out which highways to avoid. Just go to google.com/gmm on your cell phone to download the application.
- Find a last-minute gift: The moment you find your way, you realize you forgot to pick up a gift for the hosts! Avoid a social faux pas. Dial 1-800-GOOG-411 (1-800-4664-411) and say "florist" to find a flower shop on your way. GOOG-411 can even connect you directly. If you have an iPhone, say "map it" and we'll send you a link to a map showing the florist's location.
Happy holidays from the entire Google mobile team!