April 3rd, 2008 | Published in Google Gears
Brad Neuberg and Ben Lisbakken of the Gears team gave a brown bag talk on some of the new and interesting features in Gears.
They show a lot of examples and tools such as:
- PubTools: Brad developed this set of tools to enable offline caching of content in minutes. This is perfect if you have a set of content that you want to make available offline.
- Google Gears for Mobile: Just yesterday we launched our first Google mobile application using Gears, with Picasa
- Cross Domain Web Services: A good example using Flickr search
- Dojo Storage has just had a new release so it plays in the new Dojo 1.x land, and has a Gears storage engine
- blog.gears: Pamela Fox did a great job with this GData/Gears blogging application
- Gears + Greasemonkey = GearsMonkey
It is fun to hear some of the fellow Googlers probe with their own questions!
Brad and Ben will both be at Google I/O, May 28-29, 2008, in San Francisco. We are keen to hear your thoughts on Gears and the Open Web.