November 20th, 2007 | Published in Google Enterprise
July 2007 saw the launch in the United States of our hosted site search solution, the Custom Search Business Edition (CSBE), for organisations and businesses of all sizes. Today we are pleased to announce that the CSBE is now available internationally in 40 languages and will be offered in almost 80 countries.
Early interest in the global offering has been positive, for example, we recently worked with the UK Parliament to implement the CSBE on their website so that nine million documents have become easily accessible by the public.
Some of the reasons why the UK Parliament and other organisations and businesses choose Google hosted site search include the:
- Highly relevant and sub-second query response times which are characteristic of Google.com
- Speed of implementation with there being no need to install or maintain additional technology
- Power and reliability of Google’s infrastructure
- Ability to setup and manage results online
- Reporting features which give and insight in to visitor behaviour
Google’s Custom Search is also available as a free, ad supported version and the Business Edition provides incremental benefits such as:
- Full customisation of the search results through an XML API
- Options for e-mail and telephone support available through the Google Enterprise group
- The choice of whether or not sponsored adverts are served against visitors search queries
Custom Search Business Edition can be purchased online and starts at $100 a year for up to 5,000 webpages and extends to $2,250 for 300,000 webpages with larger page volumes supported through Google’s
For more information about hosted site search please visit http://www.google.com/sitesearch