March 25th, 2010 | Published in Google DoubleClick
If you've used remarketing in DoubleClick for Advertisers (DFA) then you know how effective it can be in delivering highly targeted and relevant ads to those who have previously visited your website. Whatever your campaign goals - to drive conversions and sales activities or to promote brand awareness - remarketing can help drive ROI on your campaigns.
Today, the wider availability of remarketing on the Google Content Network (GCN) is a great development for DFA clients. With this latest release, you can easily develop remarketing lists via the "Audiences" tab in AdWords and remarket your ads to an even wider audience on the GCN.
Here's how the newly integrated workflow for remarketing on the GCN works for DFA users:
- Link your existing remarketing lists in DFA to your Google AdWords account
- Your existing DFA remarketing lists can be linked at the advertiser or network level and if you add a new list it automatically shows up in AdWords.
- Your lists will then be available for review and use within the AdWords user interface
- You can create remarketing lists in DFA based on your existing conversion tags without any additional work.
Benefits of remarketing on the GCN
In addition to remarketing on the sites you run through DFA, you should think about extending your audience reach to the GCN. Why?
- You can achieve greater reach and engage with your audience more deeply. Reach a large number of users multiple times a day, week or month. Because of the large number of websites who join the Google Content Network, you can connect with many users on your lists(s) as they browse these sites.
- You can create customized audiences by building remarketing lists in creative ways. For example, you can find "abandoned shopping cart users" by reaching all the people who created a shopping cart but didn't complete a transaction and even reach people at every stage of your sales funnel.
- You can reach your audiences in different ways by adding other layers of targeting, such as by geography or placement. This would, for example, allow you to reach users only in a certain region on certain websites that you select.
- It's easy. With the integrated workflow between DFA and GCN you can easily create and manage lists in AdWords.
- The price is right. With the Google auction, you achieve efficient pricing that drives the right ROI for you. With CPM and CPC bidding, you optimize your pricing with complete control to adjust the bid higher or lower to reach your campaign goals.
What's more is that remarketing in DFA is now part of the core offering and accessible at no extra cost.
If you're on DFA, contact your account manager to find out more. If you're not, contact us to see how you can sign up for DFA and get started.