October 27th, 2008 | Published in Google DoubleClick
Last week, DoubleClick hosted the third annual Digital Movie Advertising Creative Showcase awards event. This event honors the best rich media creative work in digital movie advertising. This year five finalists were recognized for their work in three categories: best home entertainment rich media ads, best theatrical rich media ads and best multi-channel digital campaign.
In the home entertainment category, congratulations go out to:
- AvatarLabs and Warner Bros./New Line for Harold and Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay
In the theatrical release category, congratulations go out to:
- AvatarLabs and Sony Pictures for Pineapple Express
- Backward Heroes and New Line Cinema for Journey to the Center of the Earth
In the multi-channel digital campaign category, congratulations go out to:
- Backward Heroes and New Line Cinema for The Golden Compass
- Palisades Interactive and MGM for COLLEGE
We would like to give an extra congratulations to Palisades Interactive and MGM for the Best in Show award for their work on the multi-channel digital campaign for COLLEGE. This campaign used rich media expanding ads, a widget ad, Flash banners and a large social media presence to position COLLEGE as a hilarious, must-see movie.
To make it possible for you to learn more about these winning campaigns, we've made the show guide available for download here.