The newer revision history interface in Google Documents is now also available in Spreadsheets. You can now see all of the changes that collaborators have made cell-by-cell.
Google Apps, Google Apps for Business, Government and Education
All languages supported by Google Docs
How to access what's new:
- To see the new interface, go to ‘File’, then ‘See revision history’ when editing a spreadsheet.
- Click on a time stamp in the right column to see what changes were made at a given time or use the arrow keys to quickly scan through many revisions.
- Changes are color-coded based on each collaborator, making it easy to tell what has been added or deleted.
- Time stamps are also improved in the new interface.
- The interface also batches revisions into groups of changes to make it easier to understand how a spreadsheet has changed over time. To see a finer-grained list of revisions, click ‘Show more detailed revisions'.
For more information:
Get these product update alerts by email
Subscribe to the RSS feed of these updates