May 17th, 2010 | Published in Google Docs
Since we launched the new drawings editor, we’ve received lots of helpful feedback from you. Based on your comments, we’ve made some usability improvements to Google Docs drawings over the last week.
- Selecting shapes
- Press Alt (Option on Mac) and drag your mouse to select only those objects completely within the selection region (this is useful for selecting objects in a busy part of the diagram)
- Holding Shift while you drag now adds shapes to your current selection instead of creating a new selection
- Polyline improvements
- When you finish drawing a polyline by clicking on the end of the last segment, you remain in polyline mode so you can immediately draw another one. Hit Escape to return to selection mode.
- While drawing a polyline, press escape on your keyboard to cancel the last segment and return to selection mode
- Draw very small segments in a polyline more easily