You will soon be able to upload any type of file to Google Docs using the Documents List API as well as some other improvements.
Upload any file type with the Documents List API:
- Premier Edition only.
- Individual file size limit of 250MB.
- Ability to upload any type of file.
- 1GB storage limit for files you upload that are not converted to Google Docs format (i.e. Google documents, spreadsheets and presentations).
Other new features of the Documents List API:
- Copy a document: Make a duplicate of a document.
- Publishing documents: Programmatically publish a document to the world.
- Change the owner of a document: Additional functionality to now also change the 'owner' of a document.
- Resumable uploads: Ability to pause/resume and upload which is useful for large file sizes.
Upload any file type: Premier Edition only
Other Features: Standard, Premier, Education and Partner Editions
How to access what's new:
Note: The ability to upload any file type will be rolled out over the next few weeks.
For more information:
Get these product update alerts by email
Subscribe to the RSS feed of these updates