June 1st, 2012 | Published in Google CPG
(cross-posted on the DoubleClick Advertiser Blog)
There has been explosive growth in ad technology over the last 20 years. From each of our perspectives -- whether you are an agency, an advertiser, publisher or a technology provider -- we can all still see unprecedented opportunities as the digital world continues to grow and diversify.
We believe that as an industry, we’re on a common digital journey and that the next wave of innovation in ad tech will come from us all working better together.
However, like all great opportunities, there are challenges and questions, such as:
- How do we unlock the next $50 billion of opportunity for digital advertising?
- How do we deliver those immersive, interactive experiences to today’s empowered consumer demands?
- What do we, as part of the ad tech ecosystem, need to build to create even more value for our clients and consumers?
The agenda will include topics such as:
Adapting to the Empowered Consumer:
Neal Mohan, Vice President, Display Advertising at Google will be joined by David Kenny, Chairman & CEO, The Weather Channel Companies, and James Pitaro, Co-President, Disney Interactive Media Group, to discuss how technology is being used to deliver new content and advertising experiences to consumers.
If We Build It, Will They (Consumers) Come?
Terry Kawaja, CEO and Co-Founder, Luma Partners (and creator of the now legendary LUMAscape chart) will lead a conversation about the ad tech ecosystem, and what it needs to do next to add value for agencies, publishers, marketers – and ultimately consumers. Terry will be joined onstage by:
- Omar Tawokol, Chief Executive Officer, BlueKai
- Greg Stuart, Global CEO of Mobile Marketing Association
- Kurt Unkel, President, VivaKi
- Shishir Mehrota, Vice President of Product Management, YouTube
Technology is supposed to make the life of a marketer easier. For our final conversation, we’re going to focus on the question of: Is this technology exploring resulting in better marketing? Or, is it just resulting in mediocre creative and complexity for both consumers and marketers? Karim Temsamani, Vice President - New Products and Solutions, Google moderates the conversation with leaders from creative agencies, iconic brands and publishers including:
- Brad Ruffkess, Global Connection, Coca-Cola
- Mike Lowenstern, Managing Director of Digital Advertising, R/GA
- Peter Minnium, Head of Digital Brand Initiatives, IAB
- John Caldwell, Chief Digital Officer, National Geographic
Please register for this virtual event by visiting the DoubleClick Insights Live Stream page.
Tuesday, June 5th 2012
9:00am - 1:00pm PST
Set event reminder today
Following us on Google+ or Twitter (@DoubleClick and @DoubleClick_pub)? Use the #dclkinsights tag as you're watching the event to ask questions or share comments during the event.
Posted by Stephen Kliff and Scott Brown, DoubleClick Marketing