December 18th, 2008 | Published in Google CPG
A few weeks ago, we introduced you to Google Flu Trends, a new tool from Google that tracks flu activity across the U.S. up to two weeks faster than the data published by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. It works by measuring the amount of flu-related searches in a state or region and then using that data to estimate actual flu activity.
As winter progresses and flu activity increases, this tool is your #1 ally for reaching consumers at the moment of greatest relevance. Below are a few simple steps to get you started.
1. Visit Google Flu Trends and identify regions of opportunity.
2. Set up a flu search campaign and reach consumers where flu related searches are highest.
3. Contextually target to reach consumers on the sites they visit to find flu remedies.
4. Geo-target your campaign to regions and cities of interest.
5. Monitor Flu Trends and continuously optimize.
Data this strong is sure to fortify any campaign, so take a dose, or two, of Google Flu Trends with yours, and call us in the morning.
Posted by Anastasiya Blyukher, Account Proposal Coordinator, CPG