November 18th, 2010 | Published in Google Code
- After the app has been visited once, you can also take the experience with you offline, thanks to the Application Cache API.
- You can resume reading where you had left off as the book remembers your progress using the Local Storage API. We also mark the chapters that have previously been read by folding the top right corner of the page in the navigation.
- The app utilizes the History API to provide a clutter-free URL structure that can be indexed by search engines.
- The canvas element is also used to animate some of the illustrations in the book.
- CSS3 features such as web fonts, animations, gradients and shadows are used to enhance the visual appeal of the app.
This illustrated guidebook is best experienced in Chrome or any up-to-date, HTML5-compliant modern browser. We hope you enjoy the read as much as we did creating it, at www.20thingsilearned.com or goo.gl/20things.