December 21st, 2007 | Published in Google Code
When I read an email sent to an Apache Software Foundation mailing list suggesting an open source project for OpenSocial, I wasn't surprised to see it come from Brian McCallister, a prolific open source developer that I met years ago in a former life.
Brian McCallister now works at Ning, the social network outsourcer, and sat down to talk to me about topics revolving around Ning, OpenSocial, and Apache Shindig.
What will you learn from this chat?
- What Ning is all about
- Why Ning and Brian think about OpenSocial, and why developers should be interested
- The parts and pieces of OpenSocial from the standpoint of a developer, and a third party container
- How Brian thinks that we will get more than just "Write one, learn everywhere"
- What Apache Shindig is all about
- How Shindig allows you to do simple local development, which changes the game with respect to your development lifecycle