March 23rd, 2005 | Published in Google Blogger Buzz
In the next few weeks, British climber Gavin Bate will be attempting a solo summit of Mount Everest, for a charity called Moving Mountains. He's blogging the adventure, and will also be phoning in reports via AudioBlogger. Here are the key dates:
- 28th March - Gavin leaves UK for Nepal
- 1st April - Trek to mountains begins
- 20th April - Island Peak climb & trek ends
- 24th April - First climb on Everest
- 24th April to 17th May - Load carrying up to South Col
- 19th May to 28th - Summit window!