November 4th, 2010 | Published in Google Apps
Release 1.6.20 of Google Apps Directory Sync includes new fields for user profiles and shared contacts, plus separate display names for groups.
Additional Profile and Shared Contacts Attributes:
- New fields are available when synchronizing user profiles and shared contacts. Specify these new attributes in the directory sync utility in Release 1.6.20 using the Configuration Manager, in the LDAP User Profiles Attributes and LDAP Shared Contacts Attributes screen.
New attributes include:
- Assistant’s DN: An LDAP attribute containing the LDAP Distinguished Name of the user’s or contact’s assistant.
- Manager’s DN: An LDAP attribute containing the LDAP Distinguished Name of the user’s or contact’s direct manager.
- Assistant’s Phone Number: An LDAP attribute containing the phone number of the user’s or contact’s assistant.
- Work Address: A set of LDAP attributes containing structured elements of the user’s or contact’s primary work address. All these attributes are combined to form the primary work address.
- Notes: An LDAP attribute containing the notes associated with the User or Contact.
Additional Group Attribute:
- Groups Display Name Attribute
When setting up group synchronization rules, you can now specify an LDAP attribute that contains the display name of the group, which can be distinct from the group email address.
Specify a group display name in the directory sync utility in Release 1.6.20 using the Configuration Manager, in the Group Search Rules edit screen.
Premier, Education, Partner Edition and Google Apps for Government
How to access what's new:
For more information:
Get these product update alerts by email
Subscribe to the RSS feed of these updates