July 7th, 2009 | Published in Google Apps
The following enhancements have been made to Google Sites:
– 26 new themes have been added.
– 7 new page layouts have been added, including a three column layout and layouts with page sidebars.
– An automatic mode that auto-generates the navigation of your site based on it's structure.
– A new subpage listing gadget that automatically generates index pages based on your site structure.
– A new attachment section was added to the Google Sites management section for easier management of all uploaded attachments to Google Sites.
Standard, Premier, Education, Team and Partner Editions
How to access what's new:
– To choose one of the new themes, click 'More actions', then select 'Manage site' and click 'Themes'.
– To choose one of the new layouts, click 'Edit page' from any page of your site and select 'Layout'.
– For automatic navigation, click 'More actions' and select 'Manage site', then choose 'Site layout' and select 'Edit navigation' and 'Automatically organize my navigation'.
– To use the subpage listing gadget, select 'Edit page', click 'Insert' and select 'Subpage listing'.
– To use the new attachment enhancements, click 'More actions', select 'Manage site' and click 'Attachments.'
For more information:
Get these product update alerts by email
Subscribe to the RSS feed of these updates