June 24th, 2010 | Published in Google Apps
Google Apps administrators can now manage multiple domains from one control panel in Google Apps. Users from different domains preserve their original email address, but all users are on the organization's global address list, and calendars, docs and sites can be shared throughout the entire organization.
Premier and Education Editions
US English only
How to access what's new:
Admins can now add additional domains in the Control Panel under ‘Domain Settings’ by adding the domain name in the text box. For these domains, admins will still have to verify domain ownership just like the primary domain.
To add another domain:
1. In the Google Apps Control Panel, click ‘Domain settings’, then ‘Domain names’.
2. Click ‘Add a domain or a domain alias’.
3. Enter the domain name that you want to add in the text box.
4. If you just want to add the domain as a domain alias, enable the checkbox ‘Make this domain an alias of my primary domain’.
5. Click ‘Continue and verify domain ownership’ to verify ownership of the domain
6. Follow the instructions to verify domain ownership and set up email delivery.
- After adding a domain, when admins now create a new user, they will have the choice to create the user with username@domainA.com or username@domainB.com.
- This feature is only available to domains using the ‘Next Generation’ version of the Control Panel. To enable this version in the control panel, click ‘Domain settings’ > ’General’ and ensure the checkbox ‘Next generation (US English only)’ is enabled.
- These changes are gradually rolling out and will happen in the next few days.
Note: It is not currently possible to merge existing Google Apps accounts. For more information on what is supported by multi-domain management, please visit the Help Center.
For more information:
Help Center: http://www.google.com/support/a/bin/topic.py?hl=en&topic=14579
To learn more about the new Multi-domain management feature and more recent launches on Google Apps, please join us for a live webinar on Tuesday, July 13th at 9am PST / 12pm EST / 5pm GMT.
Get these product update alerts by email
Subscribe to the RSS feed of these updates