July 14th, 2010 | Published in Google Apps
Google Apps administrators now have more options to manage mobile devices in the control panel:
- Requiring devices to use data encryption
- Auto-wiping device after specified number of failed password attempts
- Disabling the phone’s camera
- Ensuring old passwords are not reused
- Requiring passwords to be changed after specified time interval
- Disabling data synchronization when device is roaming to reduce wireless overage charges
Premier and Education Editions
US English only*
How to access what's new:
In the Google Apps control panel, select ‘Service settings’, then ‘Mobile’ to access the new mobile device management options.
* Administrator Control Panel needs to be set to ‘Next generation (US English only)’ version in ‘Domain Settings’ to see these new options.
For more information:
Get these product update alerts by email
Subscribe to the RSS feed of these updates