May 19th, 2009 | Published in Google Apps
The following new features are available in Google Sites:
– The site navigation widget can now be organized into a hierarchical tree structure.
– The navigation widget can also be set up to highlight the current page and subgroup pages into categories.
– The editing toolbar has been updated to more closely resemble Google Docs.
– The site settings area now uses vertical navigation.
– The rendering infrastructure has been modified to improve performance. Related Colors and Fonts settings have been grouped. A "From theme" option to each variable to make it easier to revert to a previous theme.
– Sidebar gadgets and page canvas gadgets can now be independently styled via colors and fonts.
– Users can now configure a "site language" which allows for a uniform language experience for site viewers.
Standard, Premier, Education, Team and Partner Editions
All languages supported by Google Sites
How to access what's new:
To access the new navigation widget, click the 'Edit sidebar' link below the sidebar (or choose 'Manage site' from the 'More actions' menu). You can then edit the navigation widget.
To configure the site language, click 'More actions', select 'Manage site' and choose 'Other Stuff' to select a language from the 'Site display language' dropdown.
For more information:
Get these product update alerts by email
Subscribe to the RSS feed of these updates