February 5th, 2010 | Published in Google Apps
New mobile device management capabilities have been released that allow administrators to:
- Remotely wipe all data from lost or stolen mobile devices.
- Lock idle devices after a period of inactivity.
- Require a device password on each phone.
- Set minimum lengths for more secure passwords.
- Require passwords to include letters, numbers and punctuation.
Premier and Education Editions
US English Only
How to access what's new:
- In the Google Apps Administrator Control Panel, go to 'Service Settings', then 'Mobile' to access the new options.
- Once your users start synching their devices with Google Apps, you can view, manage, or delete the device data remotely (remote wipe) from the user account page in the Control Panel.
For more information:
Get these product update alerts by email
Subscribe to the RSS feed of these updates