April 22nd, 2009 | Published in Google App Engine
We've released version 1.2.1 of the SDK for the Python runtime. Here are some highlights from the release notes:
- Stable, unique IDs for User objects. The Users service now provides a unique user_id for each user that stays the same even if a user changes her email address.
- The Images API now supports compositing images and calculating a color histogram for an image.
- New allowed mail attachment types: ics, vcf
- Urlfetch requests can now set the User-Agent header.
- An App Engine-specific version of the Python PyCrypto cryptography library is now available. Learn more at http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/python/tools/libraries.html
- The bulk loader configuration format has changed to allow non-CSV input. This change is not backwards compatible, so if you've written code for the bulk loader, it will need to be updated.
- An early release of the bulk downloader is also now
bulkloader.py. Learn more about these changes at: http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/python/tools/uploadingdata.html
For a full list see the SdkReleaseNotes wiki page.