August 6th, 2009 | Published in Google App Engine
We're psyched to release version 1.2.4 of the App Engine SDK for Python. Some highlights of what you'll find in this release:
- Remote API now supports more APIs (Images, Memcache, and URLFetch).
- A local shell for easy access to the Remote API.
- Support for kindless queries (aka transaction descendant queries):
- PolyModel now supports keys_only queries:
- Support for multiple inheritance for Model and PolyModel.
- Improved exception reporting in the bulkloader.
- Enhancement to SearchableModel allowing multiple properties to be indexed.
- Composite indexes are no longer required for some types of key queries.
For full details, please see the SdkReleaseNotes wiki page.
We'd also like to draw your attention to two new articles from App Engine team members: