July 12th, 2007 | Published in Google App Engine
We have a few new things for you to play with today in the Google Mashup Editor and also a few bug fixes in response to your reports.
- <gm:subscribe> tag
Enable your users to subscribe to any feed in your application, including our data store feeds. It's the easiest way to create and syndicate custom feeds online. Check out this sample to see what I mean.
- Improved Built-in Templates
We've cleaned up the built-in Default, Simple, Blog and Task templates, and we plan to make many more to satisfy your mashup needs.
- Read-Only Fields
We've added a new attribute (readonly="true") to all the controls that are used in templates so that you can specify if you want a particular field to be read-only even when the list is in edit mode.
- International characters are now preserved in the editor.
- Reduced errors related to saving, publishing and testing mashups.
- Fixed behavior of feed URLs when popping out the sandbox into a new window.
- Alphabetized tag-reference doc and other documentation fixes.
- Fixed map Info Bubbles to remove 1 pixel transparency in the bubble.
We're working hard to respond to your feature requests and bug reports, so
please keep us informed. Also don't forget to add your mashup to our mashup gallery to share with other developers and users.