July 13th, 2009 | Published in Google App Engine
Greetings App Engine developers! We're pleased to announced the availability of a new Java SDK, available for download here. This is largely a bugfix release, but there are a few new features we think you'll be excited to get your hands on:
- The appcfg upload tool includes proxy support.
- JDO and JPA support an extension that lets you mark individual fields as "unindexed."
- At long last, the dev appserver has a data viewer. Start your app locally and point your browser to http://localhost:8080/_ah/admin to check it out.
- The local datastore now has the same transaction behavior as the production datastore (more info: http://code.google.com/p/googleappengine/issues/detail?id=1411)
- You can issue ancestor queries inside transactions.