August 10th, 2010 | Published in Google Analytics
Yay! It’s another episode of Web Analytics TV!
In this exciting series, with Avinash Kaushik and Nick Mihailovski, you ask, and vote on your favorite, web analytics questions via the Google Analytics Google Moderator site and we answer them.
This episode was particularly awesome since there were some fantastic questions. Tough questions that made us think hard. But also questions that made us proud of how sophisticated Google Analytics users are.
In this action packed episode we discuss:
- Google Website Optimizer and the ga.js async tracking code issue
- What is considered Personally Identifiable Information (PII)?
- Teaching Google Analytics the location of your local __utm.gif image
- Implementing ecommerce tracking with multiple currencies
- Goal names in Google Analytics
- Similarities and differences between Visitors and Unique Visitors metrics
- Lovely opportunities for developers to build products using our API
- Reasons why utm_content values show up as (not set)
- Best practices for applying segments to specific pages (cool answer!)
- Implementing ecommerce tracking if you don’t have an order id
- Using advanced filters in the connection speed report
- Why the value “other” shows up in your reports
- Tracking how a visitor finds a site the first time for attribution
- Correlating business data with Google Analytics data
Here are the links to the topics we discuss:
- Setting the __utm.gif path using _setLocalGifPath
- How Mikael T. built a business using the Google Analytics API
- Troubleshooting the tracking code
As always, if you need help setting up Google Analytics or leveraging the advanced configuration options, we recommend hiring a Google Analytics Certified Partners.
If you found this post or video helpful, we'd love to hear your comments. Please share them via the comment form below.
If you have a question you would like us to answer, please submit a question and vote for your favorite question in our public Google Moderator site. Avinash and I will answer your latest questions in a couple of weeks with yet another entertaining video.