December 31st, 2009 | Published in Google Analytics
2009 was a fun year for us, and we hope, for you too. Here's a month by month breakdown of new features and significant launches from 2009, with links to the blog posts announcing or explaining them. And if you haven't yet, take a look at the Google Analytics YouTube channel, where you can see tons of tutorial videos on the new features.
A big thank you to our Google Analytics Authorized Consultants, who have helped advise us on our product roadmap and told us what you need to see in the product.
Get ready! 2010 should be even more exciting.
- Track Google Sites with Google Analytics
- The integration of AdSense and Google Analytics
- The public launch of the Google Analytics API
- Google Analytics IQ - an online course in web analytics techniques and Google Analytics implementation, administration, and analysis tools
- Integration with Google Ad Planner so that you can replace traffic estimates with directly measured Google Analytics data
- Pivoting and Secondary dimensions become available in your reports
- Share custom reports and advanced segments
- Track YouTube brand channels with Google Analytics
- Import your Google Analytics goals into AdWords
- New homepage and website for Google Analytics
- Google Analytics Desktop Wallpapers!
- International blogs in German, UK & Ireland, Spanish, French and Japanese
- Getting started guides for the API
- Number and reach of Authorized Consultants breaks 100 global partners, with a presence on every continent except Antarctica
- More goals and new goal types
- Expanded mobile reporting
- Advanced Table Filtering
- Unique Visitor metric added to Advanced Segmentation and Custom Reports
- Multiple Custom Variables
- Share Advanced Segments and Custom Report templates
- Analytics Intelligence reports and Custom Alerts
- New asynchronous tracking code
- Annotations allows you to easily denote unexplained dips or spikes and figure out "what happened".
- Custom variables available in Advanced Segments and Custom Reports
- New tracking code setup wizard
- API new features, including support for Advanced Segments, more goals and goal types, and custom variables
- Urchin Software version 6.602 available in more languages
And, of course, we added the ability to post comments on our blog posts.
From our entire team, we hope that, wherever you are, you and yours had a safe New Year's Eve and are looking forward to a happy, healthy, productive and data-driven 2010!